If you use ET:Legacy, you will find Omni-Bot already installed in the legacy folder. It may be older or newer than version from the Omni-Bot website.
- Download the latest version of Omni-Bot from here
- There is omni-bot folder inside the ZIP archive. Extract it. Omni-Bot can be installed to any location. It is not necessary to have omni-bot inside Enemy Territory folder.
Create config file
Many mods already have a config file (for example jaymod.cfg, silent.cfg, nitmod.cfg). They already have the cvars in them so you just need to edit them. If not you just simply need to add them. If your mod does not have any config file yet, create new file (for example server.cfg) and save it to mod’s folder.
The server configs CVAR’s you need to add/edit are as follows
To Enable omni-bots add:
set omnibot_enable "1"
A setting of “0” will disable the bots
Set Omnibot Path
set omnibot_path = "C:\Your install folder\omni-bot"
set omnibot_path = "/usr/local/games/enemy-territory/omni-bot"
Be aware Windows uses left-slashes ‘\’ and Linux/UNIX based-systems use right-slashes ‘/’ as separator-char.
The omnibot_path cvar needs to be set to the absolute path of the omni-bot folder. If you are unsure of the absolute path, you will need to ask your server provider.
This is an optional cvar, you only need to add it if you want to disable certain bot functions.
set omnibot_flags "0"
Add the following flags if required
1 Disable XPSave for bots
2 Bots cannot mount tanks
4 Bots cannot mount emplaced guns
8 Don’t count bots (this affects the value of the cvar ‘omnibot_playing’ which contains the number of bots playing or -1 if this flag is set)
Note: some mods may have other flags
Optional Log Size
Log files are written to folder omni-bot/et/logs. If the folder does not exists, log files are written to Enemy Territory game folder. File name is omnibot_<mapname>.log.
set omnibot_logsize "0"
- Value -1 disables logging.
- Default value 0 enables logging, but files will be overwritten every match.
- Value greater than 0 means maximal file size in KB and also allows appending more matches to a single file.